Saturday, January 16, 2016

Review: The Lawson Brothers books 1-4 by Marquita Valentine

Love So Hot (The Lawson Brothers, #1)Love So Hot by Marquita Valentine
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I absolutely love best friends to lovers stories and I'm so glad this was the first book in this new series by Valentine.

Sydney and Brody have been best friends for 23 years but lately they have been feeling differently towards one another. Both don't want to ruin their friendship so they keep it inside until things start to get a little complicated. They both play games to find out if the other feels the same but things could go horribly wrong.

So Brody is a total ladies man and is dating Cherry while he is in love with his best friend. Can we say awkward?! Plus he keeps all the guys away from her which was totally selfish of him while he was doing whatever he wanted. When Cherry offers to help Sydney win her man she accepts but it might be more difficult then either predicted.

I felt this was a great first book for getting to know the Lawson brothers. And after reading this one I am dying to know what each brother does and how they win the girl of their dreams.

If you are looking for a sweet small town romance I definitely suggest giving this series a try!

View all my reviews Love So True (The Lawson Brothers, #2)Love So True by Marquita Valentine
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Lawson brother are getting more and more interesting! This is the second book Valentine in this series and wow it different.

Lucas is just came out of prison for embezzlement and doesn't want his family to know he is out. When he finally makes it to there house they are having a celebration but not everyone is so welcoming of his coming home.

Bailey is a single mom and runs her families restaurant. She has always gone for the bad boys but there is something about Lucas that still calls to her. Bailey knows he has changed and now it's time to help everyone see that he has by giving him a chance that a lot of people won't.

I thought this story was short and to the point. I didn't totally fall in love with Lucas and Bailey at first because of their situation but the more I read the more I began to see what they saw in one another. They both wanted to show there town that people who made mistakes could change.

I really liked Brody in the first book but in this book I kind of wish he was written out. He was a complete jerk to Lucas throughout the entire book and I hope as the books continue there issues will be resolved.

I am really enjoying learning about each Lawson brother and I am looking forward too many more books in this series by Valentine.

View all my reviews Love So Irresistible (The Lawson Brothers, #3)Love So Irresistible by Marquita Valentine
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So far in this series this book has to be my favorite! I loved Mason and Skylar! This couple is not only funny but they have this spark about them.

Skylar is a music teacher and is new to the town. She lives next door to Mason who is a navy seal that is recovering from a injury. Skylar brings out a side of Mason that he never knew he had which I absolutely loved!

Since Mason has been back he has been staying away from his big family but little by little he is
 letting them back in because of Skylar.

This story had some emotional parts but I thought Valentine did an excellent job in bringing in some humor to balance it out.

One of my favorite parts is when Mason was drugged up and unhooks Skylar's bra when thinking she is a pillow. Lol

This is definitely a cute read and I wish this was a full length book. I can't wait to see more of this couple in future books!

View all my reviews Love So Tempting (The Lawson Brothers, #4)Love So Tempting by Marquita Valentine
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Valentine does it again with a story I just couldn't put down! Finally we get the story of why Tristan and Lemon didn't get along and wow I couldn't believe it.

Tristan is a marine but now he is the librarian. While he was in war Lemon become not only his pen pal but they started a little bit of a relationship but when he returns home she is seeing someone else.

Lemon doesn't understand why Tristan had a change of heart all those years ago but after spending one night together they still can't help the bickering between the two of them. But 8 weeks later they both get the surprise of their lives and secrets that were lost start to unfold.

I really like how Valentine wrote there story and it wasn't what I expected it to be it was more. In the first books we know they have a history but I never expected it to go the way it did. I really enjoyed reading about these two and was ready to find out what exactly happened and how they would make it right between them.

I liked how Tristan and lemon started to fall in love again even though they never actually fell out of it. I enjoyed how Valentine gave this story a few surprises and yet staying true to this couple.

We also learn that one of lemons sisters is behind it with a grudge against another Lawson and I am so ready for this story. I don't want to give too much away if you haven't read this yet but it sounds like the next few books will be juicy!!!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment