Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Review: Getting Rough by C.L. Parker

Getting Rough (Monkey Business Trio, #2)Getting Rough by C.L. Parker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In the first book we meet Cassidy and Shaw. Two rival sports agents who want to become partner but when Cassidy's mother takes a spill Cassidy flies to Maine to help out only leaving Shaw to follow her.

I really liked how these characters grew and changed while the book progressed. Cassidy likes Shaw but doesn't know how he feels and the same goes with him. The more time they spend together in and out of the bedroom the more they become attached.

Honestly one thing I didn't like about this book was now Casey has a Pov and so does Mia. I get the whole love triangle thing but like Cassidy said in the first book it's been over with her and Casey for a long time but Casey hasn't moved on.

It's been forever and he hasn't moved on? That I didn't get but I did understand the jealously of loosing there relationship because they were best friends and together at one point.

I thought Parker brought in the right amount of drama and didn't overdue it. It was enough to keep me interested and wondering what would actually happen between Cassidy and Shaw.

The humor was there plus it had some emotional parts that had me feeling a little bad for the characters at times. One of my favorite parts is when Shaw is so turned on at the dinner table he spills gravy and can't get up.

After reading this book I thought it would be the end of the Shaw and Cassidy journey but no. It looks like they have more to come and surprises in the future for us.

Now that the love triangle is done, what will come next for these two? What other changes and challenges will these characters face? I guess I'll have to wait and see.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment