Sunday, February 7, 2016

Arc Review: Return Of The Bad Boy by Jessica Lemmon

Lemmon is back with my favorite bad boys and oh yes Asher is just yummy! If you read the previous books you know already that Asher doesn't have the best reputation. He's a rock star and children's book author but now he is ready to put down roots since he found out he has a 3 year old son. 

Gloria dated Asher 3 years ago but that ended badly. Now it's only a business/friends relationship with an hookup here and there but once she starts seeing the changes in Asher she starts thinking that just maybe they could have a chance but she needs to realize her issues and slay her own dragons along the way. 

I loved how Gloria was independent and hard as nails when she needed to be but as I kept reading this story I loved the softer side of her as well. Asher's character felt like night and day. You can see how much he loves her and they connect. I love how he wants to fight for her and believes in her. These two had some really great tension and chemistry with even hotter sex scenes. 

I get that Asher's baby's mother (Jordan)  had to be apart of this story but it really annoyed me she was so juvenile and acted like it for majority of the book. I would have liked to see Lemmon use her in trying to get Asher back to be a family with them and causing a more of a problem in the relationship between Asher and Gloria. 

Some of my favorite parts of the book was when the group was hanging out. I really enjoyed how they all got along and gave each other advice. The bachelor and bachelorette scene was pretty cute and it kind of reminds me of when that happened to my friends. I mean how does anyone know sometimes they would end up the same place as the other party:-) 

The end ends up having a epilogue which makes it seem like it's the end of the series but I truly hope this isn't the last book. I would love to continue to check in with these characters at some point just to see how they are all settled in their HEA. 

Overall I finished this book and wanted more. Asher was funny, sexy and had this sweetness about him. It had some humor and some emotional parts but I loved every moment of this read. Definitely one of my favorite series to date! 


1 comment: