Saturday, February 27, 2016

Arc Review: Fly With Me by Chanel Cleeton

Blurb
From the author of the Capital Confessions Novels comes the first in the steamy Wild Aces Romance series.

U.S. Air Force fighter pilot Noah Miller—call sign Burn—loves nothing more than flying hard and fast. When he meets a gorgeous and sassy woman while partying in Las Vegas, he immediately locks on to her.

Jordan Callahan owns a thriving clothing boutique, but her love life is far less successful. Her luck changes when six feet, two inches of sexy swagger asks her to dance and turns her world upside down. 

One scorching weekend becomes an undeniable chemistry that they can't leave in Vegas. But the long distance relationship and their different lives threaten to ground their romance. And when the dangers of Noah's job become all too real, Jordan learns being with a fighter pilot means risking it all for a shot at love…

Review:
This is the first book in a new series by Ms. Cleeton and I'm glad how different it was from her capital confessions series. While I loved that series I'm really liking the new characters and the new world she has created.

In this first book we meet Jordan who own a boutique in sunny Florida. She is in Las Vegas for her sisters bachelorette party. Although she is single and 30 she isn't going to let that get to her. While out celebrating she meets. She is instantly attracted to him but she always loves the way he carries himself.

Noah is in Vegas for work and since he is a pilot in the Air Force he hasn't had too many serious relationships since his work takes him away. After meeting Jordan he knows he wants to spend more time with her and get to know her better but it's not going to be easy. Noah hopes he won't crash and burn this time.

Now I don't know much about the Air Force but I really enjoyed how Cleeton explained the missions, lingo, and made me enjoy every moment of that. I wasn't bored and was actually interested in it. So Ms. Cleeton thank you for that!

This story is a dual pov!! And I'm so thankful for that. I love knowing what the two main characters are thinking when they meet for the first time and etc.

I liked characters and enjoyed getting to know each and everyone of them especially Easy. At first Noah came off a little cocky but as I kept reading I actually fell for him. I loved just at certain times he was unsure how to handle things with Jordan which made him more realistic. I liked Jordan because she was not only smitten with
Noah but because she gave it back to him. She was sassy, funny, but yet she let doubts creep in at times. The secondary characters were also interesting and honestly I'm looking forward to reading about each and everyone of them.

The plot I was a little unsure of. Yes these two meet in Vegas but they both live in different states so they agree to a long distance relationship. Because these two were doing a relationship that way sometimes I didn't totally feel connected to them as a couple. Sure they had phone calls daily and phone sex but mostly they had two different schedules so they didn't speak or spend as much time together that I would have liked. The parts I enjoyed the most is when they were actually together.

There are some amusing parts in this book but it also had a real emotional one that actually had me in tears so I would definitely keep some tissues near by.

Overall I am looking forward to reading more of this series and getting to know the guys better. I'm already ready for the next book and truly it can't come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment