Saturday, May 28, 2011

Review: Terms of Surrender (Harlequin Blaze) by Leslie Kelly

"Subject: Danny Wilkes, navy pilot.
Current status: On shore rotation. Very intrigued by a sassy visiting lecturer…
Mission: Enter the astronaut training program.
Obstacle: Marissa Marshall, Ph.D. She's keeping Danny preoccupied with earthly delights…
Danny Wilkes might have outgrown his risk-taking flyboy days, but he still loves a thrill now and then. And nobody's thrilled him lately like fiery Mari Marshall. Sex with her is a bigger turn-on than any of the air maneuvers Danny's ever pulled. He falls head over heels…hard.
But Mari has bitter memories of being a military brat. She'll never enter that life again—not even for the best sex she's ever had.
It's a hell of a choice. Does Danny give up his skyrocketing career? Or let go of the only woman who revs his engine into the stratosphere?"

Mass Market Paperback, 224 pages
Published May 24th 2011 by Harlequin
ISBN 037379620X (ISBN13: 9780373796205)
 
Once again Leslie Kelly deliverers you not just a hot, but enjoyable read. Its not only sexy but funny. This blaze will have you drooling for your own Navy Pilot. 
 
Marissa Marshall has grown up a military brat and now PH.D. She also had some published books and a blog that she still continues to write on. But right now funds are running low from her book sales she has decided to go on a job interview at the U.S. Naval Academy to lecture a class for the summer. While on the job interview she meets a handsome man in mechanic overalls. Immediately she is attracted to him and has every reason to be. After her car battery dies he offers to have it fixed by the end of her interview.
 
Danny Wilkes is a sexy Navy Pilot that has dreams of reaching the stars. While at the U.S. Naval Academy he runs into the most beautiful and intriguing woman who he has ever come a cross. This beautiful woman he for sure wants to see again. Fixing her car battery isn't all he would like to fix. He fixes the battery and offers lunch on his boat. Will this woman take this opportunity? 
 
I loved the plot! I totally have this thing for men in uniform and Danny is for sure swoon worthy. He's not only sexy but smart and funny. Marissa was  not only challenging but beautiful. Both characters were so likable I couldn't wait to get it started. After their first meeting I was hooked. Leslie Kelly brings out the best and the worst in the them and I just couldn't get enough. Their is nothing like a book you can devour in one complete seating. I wanted more and more. Although I knew I know Blaze books aren't usually as long but they keep you wanting more and more. 

Leslie Kelly will truly knock your socks off with this hot little read. I fell in deep into this fascinating read. Her style of writing will captured me from the beginning all the way to the end. I even found myself smiling and laughing out loud. She can bring an amazing amount of humor, passion and emotion to this story. If you never read Kelly, I strongly advise you do so. Until then you have no idea what a treat this will be for you. I loved it! I am excited to see what she will come up with next! This book was released on May 24th, so I think everyone should go out and buy it today and fall in love with Mari and Danny like I did. Happy Reading!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment