Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Review: Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between (Rhiannon's Law, #1) by J.A. Saare

"One bad corpse can ruin your whole day.

No one knows that better than Rhiannon Murphy.

She left behind the flash and sass of Miami for the no-nonsense groove of New York City, eager for a clean slate and a fresh start. A bartender by trade, a loud mouth by choice, and a necromancer by chance; she managed to keep her nifty talent hidden from those around her—until now.

The deliciously good-looking vampire, Disco, knows her secret. When he strolls into her bar to solicit help investigating the mysterious disappearances of his kind from the city, Rhiannon discovers he’s not the kind of person that appreciates the significance of the word no.

But in a world where vampires peddle their blood as the latest and greatest drug of choice, it’s only a matter of time before the next big thing hits the market. Someone or something is killing vampires to steal their hearts, and unlike Rhiannon, this isn’t their first stroll around the undead block."


At first I really wasn't so sure about this book. Urban fantasy is not really my forte. But the world the Saare has created was dark and had a total sexy vibe to it. Rhiannon was a bit on the rough side but I kind of enjoyed her that way. She was different and alluring at times. Rhiannon had a lot going on and she got to talk to dead people. Well to me that's pretty cool and a tad freaky.  Although she really doesn't like to talk to them and tries her hardest to ignore them.

Anyhoo, Rhiannon working as a bartender in a gentleman’s club. Disco ends up wanting to meet with her after work and needs her help. He demands her help on finding the local vampires who are disappearing. After that I was hooked. Rhiannon reminded me of Anita Blake just without the humping every guy around. She is now one of my favorite UF heroines.
I ended up liking her cause well she is honest and isn't afraid to to get down and dirty if needed. Positively kick ass!
  
Disco is such a different kind of guy that what I am used to reading about but he was shy and I was a bit taken back by that. The two of them were so different but hey opposites attract. I found him kind of dreamy and totally wanted to be her sometimes. Disco had some serious sexy appeal that had me swooning.

The book started off a little dull for me but then out of no where picks up speed and I couldn't slow down. The sexual tension was heart pounding and I loved every minute of it. The characters were awesome. I happened to love them both. You get a great look into Rhinannon's past as well as Disco's and that was important to me. Saare is a genius putting these two main characters together. They worked and I am a sucker for when things work. The plot was interesting and will keep you intrigued and on your toes. From what I hear we wont have to wait long for the second book in the series and I am super happy about that. I was looking for more so this is just fabulous news.

This was a wonderful book so if I were you I wouldn't wait that long to get your copy. You have no idea what you are missing. Its sexy, action packed and was so mysterious. Dead, Undead or Somewhere In Between is a great addition to the paranormal realm. Thank you Saare for giving us something great to read about. Happy Reading.

2 comments:

  1. I am following this book around it's virtual tour. It's on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was seriously entertained by this book. I hope you continue to venture in UF!

    ReplyDelete