Sunday, May 15, 2016

Review: My One and Only by Terri Osburn

My One and Only (Ardent Springs, #3)My One and Only by Terri Osburn

Blurb
As far as Dr. Haleigh Rae Mitchner is concerned, Cooper Ridgeway is more suited to a superhero cape than mechanic’s overalls. It’s just like Ardent Springs’s most upstanding resident to rescue a pregnant, homeless teenager and bring her to Haleigh’s delivery room. When they team up to help the new mother and baby, Haleigh is determined not to cross the line with Cooper. Not only is he her best friend’s brother, he’s a guy who deserves more than Haleigh’s checkered past could ever offer.
At first glance, Haleigh is no longer the girl Cooper pined for in school. The sleek, professional OB-GYN seems more out of reach than ever for this small-town mechanic. But the more time he spends with the complicated woman, the more he wants her. Who better than Cooper to prove to her that nothing is beyond fixing? Especially in Ardent Springs, a town that’s tailor-made for second chances.
Kindle Edition290 pages
Expected publication: May 17th 2016 by Montlake Romance
Review:

When I first started the Ardent Springs series I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not but each book I am becoming more fond of this town and the characters. This could certainly be read as a standalone but seriously where is the fun in that?

In this installment of Ardent Springs it's time for Cooper to have his HEA with the girl he has crushed on for decades, Haleigh.

Copper is the "white night" that women dream of. He's always coming to the rescue in one way or another. After finding a pregnant teen about to give birth, Cooper manages to get her to the hospital and stay with her the whole time (sweet right?). At the hospital he runs into his sisters best friend and long time crush, Dr. Haleigh Rae Mitchner.

Haleigh is only been back in town for about six months but she is definitely seeing Cooper in a different light. While Cooper flirts with her she knows it won't go anywhere because she doesn't think of herself good enough. Haleigh might have a lot of skeletons in her closet but that doesn't matter to Cooper and he still sees her as the girl she once was.

I really enjoyed this story and these characters. I'm such a sucker for small town romances and this one included many moments that tugged on my heart strings. I'm not from a small town so it's hard to imagine that some people could be so selfless and band together when needed and Osburn takes these characters there at least once throughout the book and the series.

Cooper loving Haleigh since he was a boy was just super sweet and I loved she had no idea. I thought they had great chemistry and was totally rooting for them to hurry up and make it official.

The ending was just okay for me. Haleigh messes up but fixes it almost right away in a very big way. Overall I really enjoyed this read and I'm already looking forward to seeing who will book 4 be about. I'm seriously hoping its Abby because she definitely deserves a HEA after what has happened to her.

If you love small town romances as much as I do I would add My One and Only to your TBR pile.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment