Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Review: Forgetting August by J.L. Berg


Description 
She can forgive, but can she forget?

Some days, Everly still thinks she sees him. In the food court at the mall, or in a car speeding past as the light changes. It only lasts a second, but when it happens, she slips back to a time when she was ruled-and nearly ruined-by August Kincaid. And it doesn't matter that she's moved on, that she's about to marry another man. In those moments the only thing she can do to regain control is take a deep breath and remind herself that August can't hurt her-because he's in a coma. Except that he's not anymore.

August is awake. With no memories, he sets out to solve the mystery of his lost life. He unearths a photograph of a beautiful redhead named Everly and knows instinctively that she's the key. But when he finds her, the August she describes is more monster than man. 

Tortured by the thought of having hurt her, August wants only to become the man Everly deserves. As the new August emerges, Everly glimpses the person she first fell in love with. But can she trust that thisAugust is real? When the final secret of their shared past is revealed, one of them will make a choice that changes their future forever . . .
 (less)

Review: At first I wasn't going to read this book but found myself drawn to blurb over and over again. I thought the idea of this book was different and I couldn't wait to see how the story was going to turn out. 

Once I got started and the story started to unfold I started having some issues with liking Everly. Everly became consumed by so many emotions from her past with August. Once August wakes up she wanted to put the past behind her and finally move on but sometimes the way she asked frustrated me. Once minute she wants to forget him and forgive him the next she is constantly thinking of him and loving him. I get she was conflicted but hello she is engaged to be married but she kept running back to August. 

There were times I found myself skimming paragraphs due to slow scenes that were drawing out the story. I wanted to know what was going to happen and when. I think if the
Author slimmed down certain parts this read would have been a little more entertaining and enjoyable for me. 

I liked the idea of the story but I just didn't fall in love with it. The storyline was different so that was nice but the characters weren't what I thought they would be. Of course this ends kind of in a cliffhanger way but I want to see what happens in the next part. Hopefully Everly can stop going back and forth these two men and make some decisions because the flip flopping is getting a little old. 


Now on to the next book so I can finally see what will happen and what really happened the night of the "mugging". 

No comments:

Post a Comment