Saturday, July 25, 2015

Review: From Scratch by Rachel Goodman

From ScratchFrom Scratch by Rachel Goodman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love when first loves get a second chance with one another. It goes to show that even though everyone goes through tough times sometimes people deserve second chances to make it right.


When I started reading I was completely invested in this storyline and what the characters were bringing to it. At first I thought maybe Lillie thought she was too good to be in her hometown but the more time she spent there the more she started figuring out that the things that happened weren't just about her.


This book didn't have a lot of funny parts but the pranks these characters played on one another was a nice touch to the wonderful friendships of these characters. It also broke up some of the serious parts in this book which was really a nice touch.


I adored how Nick never really got over her and when he confessed on following her to Chicago and saw her happy.. My heart broke for both of them but I am so glad everything turned out for the best. I even wanted to know more about Annabelle and Wes relationship and get more answers from them.


These two characters didn't work out at first and then trying to get over the past only helped mold them for the future. I enjoyed how Lillie grew and the story went on and found her true self. I think this was a fabulous book and the cooking part was a nice touch. I am also glad the author didn't let Lillie win and made it realistic.


I hope this author will turn the other characters into a series. Crossing my fingers for Annabelles and Wes's book next!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment