Friday, July 24, 2015

Review: Flirting with Fire by Kate Meader

Flirting with Fire (Hot in Chicago, #1)Flirting with Fire by Kate Meader
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a great first book for the Hot In Chicago series! Meader writes an entertaining hot romance.

One of the things I loved about this book was the characters. They were not only decribed well but they all had this special way of their personalities bouncing off one another. I loved Luke and how he wanted to take care of his family pretty much all the time. The moment he first meets Kinsey you can see a spark and the way he messes with her was just adorable. It also helps that he was hotter then the sun.

Kinsey Followed her ex fiancé to Chicago thinking they would have a happily ever after but when that doesn't work out she decides to stay. When she meets Luke she is speechless with how good looking he is but as they get to know one another they both start to learn their is more to one another. What started out as a fling for Kinsey to get over her ex and Luke to do the same changes and somehow they end up all in.

I loved how about family this book was even though they are all foster siblings. They were just so close it was so sweet. I read book 2 before I read this book but I am glad I ended up reading this book. It helped me get to know each of the characters better and see them in a different light.

The plot was different then other firefighter books that I have read so that was nice. Meader did a fabulous job on having their romance happen over months and having them take it at such a real pace. It wasn't rushed and by the ending I was completely satisfied with how it turned out.

I enjoyed the side story of Gage and I am so glad he will get his own novella with Brady. I also enjoyed that we got to get into Kinsey and Luke's head so we knew what they were thinking and feeling about each other. For some reason I thought we would learn more about Lukes ex but after reading what happened between them I was okay with her not appearing often. One of my favorite scenes of the book is when they see Kinseys ex David. OMG I couldn't stop laughing at the way it was handled and thought Luke was even sweeter at that moment.

This series is a must read for anyone who loves hot ex military firefighters, funny banter and a happily ever after that will make you swoon. I can't wait to see what else Meader has in store for the Dempsey family.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment