Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Shadow Bound by Erin Kellison



I have to say I really did enjoy Shadow Bound. Erin Kellison is definitely on my must read list.

"Death
Some people will do anything to avoid it. Even trade their immortal souls for endless existence.

Wraiths
Secretly, inexorably, they are infiltrating our world, sucking the essence out of unsuspecting victims with their hideous parody of a kiss.

Segue
Adam Thorne founded the Institute to study and destroy his monster of a brother, but the key to its success is held in the pale, slender hand of a woman on the run. There is something hauntingly different about Talia O’Brien, her unknowing sensuality, her uncanny way of slipping into Shadow.

Twilight
This is the place between life and what comes after - a dark forest of fantasy, filled with beauty, peril, mystery. And Talia is about to open the door."

It was different and exciting, that I couldn't get enough. From the beginning of the book when we get the chance to meet Shadowman I was hooked. Then twenty-six year later you get to meet two people who I believe end up saving each other.

Talia is on the run and Adam ends up searching for her. I had times where I loved and absolutely hated Adam. Talia was my favorite while reading and the emotions she brought out in herself were heart breaking at times.Now the world is getting ready to be taken over by the wraiths (soul-sucking creatures) and its up to Talia and Adam to find a way to put an end to it.

While the story was enthralling, I was drawn to the growing romance between Talia and Adam. Not only were they attracted to each other immediately, but their relationship grows over time and not fast for them. It was really set at the perfect pace.

This book is filled with suspense, action, romance and of course the paranormal. I couldn't put it down due to the fact it was so different and kept me interested through every page. Their was never a dull moment.

If you want to read an original urban fantasy/ romance then this is the book for you. Readers who love paranormal romance will enjoy this suspenseful treat. I cant wait to get my hands on the next book in Shadow series, Shadow Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment