Sunday, October 24, 2010

Miss Firecracker By Lorelei James

I love the McKay and West men but I was extremely interested in Blake. I finally get to read his story and it wasn't what I thought it would be.

"She’s the match, he’s the fuse…an explosive combination

One year ago Willow Gregory entered the Miss Firecracker contest on a dare—and ended up with the crown. As a working carpenter, she’s not exactly the tears-and-tiara type, and after a year of walking the straight and narrow she’s ready to cut loose.

Waking up in a sexy stranger’s bed with no memory of the havoc she wreaked the night before wasn’t quite what she had in mind. Nor was agreeing to his mandate—work for him at the tavern until she repays the damage. Or go to jail.

Blake West thinks he could possibly be the only man alive who could say no to a drunken, horny, naked beauty queen. There’s something about the former Miss Firecracker that makes him want to blow his Mr. Nice Guy persona all to hell.

It helps that Willow is ready to dive headfirst into a no-heartstrings-attached affair. Which fits in perfectly with Blake’s temporary gig managing his friend’s bar.

Every grinding kiss, every stolen touch leads to another…until a harmless little white lie becomes the detonator that could explode their chances at a happily ever after. "

Willow and Blake were utterly fantastic together. With them you already knew the out come and it would be easy. I wasn't a fan of that. Women make this men work for it. It starts out when Willow awakes in a strangers bed, but doesn't give you the insight to what had happened the night before until the story unfolds and things are explained. I would have loved to read what actually happened without other people filling in the blanks for Willow.

I also thought the story was also way too short. I mean when things are just coming into focus the story ends. Does Blake end up getting the girl? Well, of course but after he is not honest with her she gives into him. Then the end. Although, Blake is my favorite West, I wasn't to thrilled about this book all in all. I am hoping this series can pick back up and give me so much more of these hot cowboys.

No comments:

Post a Comment