Sunday, October 24, 2010

Rode Hard, Put Up Wet by Lorelei James

 
This one I had a tough time getting into. I wasn't sure why, but it took me a lot longer then the other books.All in all Lorelei James knows how to make a scene not only steamy but passion filled. Its not just raw passion, but emotions are attached to these characters which makes it a great read. 

Gemma is a widow who happens to own a ranch in Wyoming. Cash has been in love with her for years, but she was not interested. Finally she realizes she should give it a shot, I mean what could happen?. She offers him a job as foreman on her ranch. He agrees but only if it includes being in Gemma's bed. Filled with lots of hot sex. While a teenager Cash gets a woman pregnant, agree they shouldn't be married and decide to go their separate ways. Cash now gets to spend time with his 22-year-old daughter Macie. Macie comes to live on the ranch with Gemma and Cash. She’s an excellent cook and gets a job. Macie also falls in love with Carter, who is working on the ranch for the summer. Carter is an artist and wants to sculpt and paint Macie. They too have a lot of  hot sex. It made a very good side story that I caught up right in.

I’m not sure how I feel about this whole story. I think I enjoyed Carter and Macie's story much more and they weren't the main characters.  The steamy scenes were better than I thought they would be from when the book started. I think I wasn’t emotionally pulled in as much as I wanted to be like the other stories. It was still good, but it just didn't grab me like I was expecting. If your looking for a good erotic romance series I suggest you read this entire series. Lorelei James does not disappoint. It will have you panting and drooling over some of the hottest cowboys.


Since I have read all of the books in the series up to date I am dying to see who will be next in this fabulous series to have their own story.

No comments:

Post a Comment