Saturday, October 10, 2015

Review: Filthy Rich by Virna DePaul

Filthy RichFilthy Rich by Virna DePaul
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When reading this blurb I was half expecting this book to be like a 50 shades book but to my surprise is wasn't at all, although he one thing they have in common was a wealthy, sexy CEO. I really got into the plot of this book. I actually thought it was the best part while reading. It was unique and keep me entertained.


Cara goes to party with a coworker and ends up making out with a sexy stranger. The next day she finds out that Branden just bought the company. Although she is determined not to start anything thing with him she can't help herself.


Branden bought this company to help get to the bottom of some shady investments. He wasn't expecting to like Cara of start something with her. But the attraction between them is something that won't be denied. Although Branden is alpha he has these moments were he is just sweet in wanting to be with her and protect Cara.

I really enjoyed that this plot was a Wall Street type and not the usual boss and employee romance. Although these two are strangers they are connected by their past which was interesting. The mystery behind who was sending the Emails and other stuff was very intriguing. Every time I guessed someone I found out I was wrong.


I liked characters and how they interacted with one another. Cara was really independent which I loved. She was strong and took care of her family. Branden had good business sense and loved and took care of his family. You could see these two were a power couple and actually inseparable.


The sex scenes were in great detail and went on for pages. Plus there was a lot of them. I found this was a different different book then I am used to from DePaul but it was enjoyable.


The ending caught me off guard a little so the person who was causing all this trouble ends up dead from trying to get away by falling down an elevator shaft. That parted just reminded me of a day time soap. As far as the ending for the couple I was happy with it. No marriage and no babies but you can see it in their future.


I am interested to see if this will become a series since Branden has like 5 sisters and they are mentioned. DePaul did an outstanding job making this book different. I enjoyed it and can't wait to see what she comes up with next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment