Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ecstasy in Darknes by Gena Showalter




This was my first book in the Alien Huntress series, and I have to say I was so pleased I wasn't lost. It was a wonderful treat for me. A strong, sexy Alpha hero who wants the strong, independent heroine with every bone in his body. While not knowing where things are going with them takes this book on a joyride. To top it all off , the love scenes were so steamy.

Ava Sans and Noelle Tremain are the best of friends who are trying to move up in the ranks of Alien Investigation Removal (AIR). Finally they are called in to take down the one and only Victor McKell. They think McKell is unstable and psychotic. Now the question is, are these two trainees ready to take down the former leader of a vampire army?

Ava ends up teasing and taunting McKell and boy is she surprised when he arrives on her doorstep and wants to help Ava and AIR apprehend the alien queen who is running around passing along a disease and causes the infected to crave eating flesh. Getting a taste of Ava's blood wasn't part of the plan, but when McKell does and finds out Ava is his mate he doesn't want to let her out of his sight.

Ecstasy in Darkness is filled with not only witty comments but tenderness, love, friendship and who can forget the steamy scenes that can fog up anyone's glasses. I couldn’t get enough of McKell! He was possessive , yet only had a softer side for his Ava. Ava was a bit too much to handle in certain parts. I mean who wouldn't want this Alpha male taking over all you senses?

Ecstasy in Darkness is a must read! I'm really excited to start from the beginning and catch up on this series, but I am also looking forward to reading more of this series. So many unanswered questions that I am super excited to have answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment