Thursday, March 10, 2011

Animal Magnetism (Animal #1) by Jill Shalvis

I have never had many favorite authors, but I have to say Jill Shalvis is truly one of my favorite. She never fails to make me laugh, cry and drool in every book she writes. For some reason not only does she always write the perfect romance but she always has the best alpha males. Ever.

"Co-owner of the town's only kennel, Lilah Young has lived in Sunshine, Idaho, all her life. Pilot-for-hire Brady Miller is just passing through. But he soon has Lilah abandoning her instincts and giving in to a primal desire. It's Brady's nature to resist being tied down, but there's something about Lilah and her menagerie that keeps him coming back for more."

Lilah Young is the owner of a kennel and she is  having trouble keeping the kennel a float. She also rescues strays and is taking classes to finish her degree in veterinary science.                                                                                 
                                                                                              Buy on Amazon
                                                                                              Buy at Borders

Brady Miller has been in special forces for many years. Now he is a pilot for hire and decides to take a month off to help out his brothers, Adam and Dell. They have a used helicopter they want Brady to repair and fly, but that's that not all they want, they also want him to live there and work with them.

Brady's truck is rear- ended by Lilah jeep. *oops*  The attraction immediate, but can Brady resist Lilah charm? Maybe convince him to stay around?

Jill Shalvis brings you a funny and  endearing novel. Animal Magnetism is not only fun but warm. I absolutely loved it. I think Jill brings a special magic to her books that you get attached and just as invested to all her characters.

The characters were all very well written and I loved how each and everyone of them flowed and interacted so well together. Lilah eats junk food and swears, but its is a guarantee you will fall in love with her. Brady is a loner, and a sexy as hell alpha male. *fans self*  They are really actually perfect for each other. *sigh, I totally wanted Brady*  Even the side characters captured my interest in so many ways. I am super excited to get to read about Dell and Adam and what will be in store for these two hot guys.

One of my favorite parts of the story is when he get twinkles. It just captures your heart. When Brady takes care of him made it made me laugh and want to help him figure it all out. Totally cute!

The plot was more then interesting, it was unique. I couldn't find it in myself to actually put this book down. Not that I could ever put down a Jill Shalvis book. Oh no no no I have to finish asap. She just has a way about her that the story can flow so well. I loved the whole animal spin and it wasn't only because I love all animals but I loved how she incorporated other animals who you never think as pets that also need some tlc.  

One thing I know for sure is that Shalvis never disappoints me. Ever. Her writing is not only unique, but her trilogies are fun, exciting, romantic, and the men are always swoon worthy. If you want a cute, romantic story this would be the book for you. I cant wait now until Animal Attraction, which is due out in October 2011. Get ready ladies I think this will be the year of Jill Shalvis and a few other new releases to get ready for. *fan girl scream*


No comments:

Post a Comment