Tuesday, June 26, 2012

ARC Review: Rescue Me by Rachel Gibson

 "She’s 33, unmarried, and stuffed into a Bubble Yum pink bridesmaid dress. And the whole town wants to fix her up with anyone with a dental plan… Who’s going to rescue Sadie Hollowell now? Everyone in Lovett, Texas knows Sadie has always been a ‘notional’ kind of gal. She got a notion to leave town asap , and never visit her daddy (bless his heart). Now, she’s back and got the notion to invite a good-looking, hard-muscled, total stranger to her cousin’s wedding. Better a stranger than some of the losers she’s dated. Vince Haven got his muscles the hard way—as a Navy SEAL in Afghanistan. He’s staying in Lovett to visit his crazy aunt—the proprietor of the local Gas N Go. Before he can get the heck back out of the small town, his aunt makes him an offer he can’t refuse. Maybe he’ll stick around Lovett for a while. Maybe he’ll make a ‘go’ of the Gas N Go. Maybe he’ll rescue Sadie out of that pink dress!"


 
I love Rachel Gibson's stories, but this one started out slow moving. I found myself struggling with the first half of the book and normally that doesn't happen with her books so I was a little disappointed in this.

Sadie meets Vince when she she is driving and sees his broken down car and offers him a ride. This happened to be one of the funniest scenes in the entire book. Sadie doesn't want to go to her cousins wedding alone so she decides to ask Vince since she helped with a ride if he could help her and be her date. Vince says no but ends up showing up anyway. Finally the chemistry starts flying.

Sadie's father has an accident and has to go to the hospital. Sadie is forced to hang around and take care of things at the family ranch and it just so happens she hooks back up with Vince. As a  reader we begin to get little pieces of both of there lives. As Vince starts to change and get closer to Sadie, I started to take to him a tad more than I did at the beginning. This becomes the best part of the story and I loved it.

Normally I like when books wrap up the whole story, but with this book it felt more like a cliff hanger. I mean are we getting more of them or is Ms. Gibson going for another story in the next book. As you can see I am a tad confused by this.  

Now I am not saying that I will discontinue reading Rachel Gibson books because I wont. I just need more from her next story and hopefully she will deliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment