Enter to Win a
$10.00 Amazon or B&N eGift Card
GAMBLING ON A DREAM
Colton Gamblers #3
Sara Walter Ellwood
Releasing June 9th, 2015
With Everything At Stake….
It’s been years since Sheriff Dawn Madison said goodbye to Texas Ranger Wyatt McPherson. She’s closed the door on the heartache of her past. But when the sleepy town of Colton, Texas, is rocked by a series of shocking murders, Dawn has no choice but to trust the man who broke her heart if she wants to protect the ones she loves…
All Bets Are Off
Four years have passed. But Wyatt hasn’t forgotten the bold, Native American beauty who stole his heart . . . and broke it. Losing her and the life they had hoped to share left him an empty shell of himself. But if he wants to stop the deranged killer terrorizing the innocent kids of Colton, he’ll have to let Dawn back into his life. It’s a risk he’s willing to take, even if heartache is all he takes home…
The Texas Rangers
In book 3 of the Colton Gamblers, Gambling On A Dream, the hero is a Texas Ranger. No, he doesn’t play baseball. Lieutenant Wyatt McPherson is a sexy as hell, take-charge member of one of the most written about and famous, as well as the oldest state organized, law enforcement organizations in the United States—The Texas Rangers Division of the Texas Department of Public Safety.
The agency is divided into seven companies. The six District Companies are lettered from "A" to "F" with the Headquarters Company being "H". Texas Legislature sets the number of personnel, and as of 2014, the Texas Rangers numbered 150 commissioned officers, one forensic artist, one fiscal analyst and 24 civilian support personnel. Wyatt belongs to Company F, which is stationed in Waco.
I once read that there are as many fictional Texas Rangers as there are real ones at any giving time. This police force that was unofficially created in 1823 by Stephen F. Austin has shown up in every mode of entertainment since 1910.
So, here is a list of the movies, TV shows and authors that have immortalized the Texas Rangers:
1. Lone Ranger (TV ABC: 1949-1957)
2. Tales of the Texas Rangers (NBC Radio: 1950-1952) (TV CBS: 1955-1958)
3. Laredo (TV NBC: 1965-1967)
4. True Grit (Films: 1969 and 2010)
5. Pair of Aces (Film: 1980)
6. Extreme Prejudice (Film: 1987)
7. Lonesome Dove (TV CBS Miniseries: 1989)
8. Walker, Texas Ranger (TV CBS: 1993-2001)
9. A Perfect World (Film: 1993)
10. Texas Rangers (Film: 2001)
Bestselling authors: Just to name the few that popped into my head:
1. Louis L’Amour (most famous and most read historical Western author)
2. William Johnstone and JA Johnstone (historical Western authors)
3. James Michener (Texas)
4. Larry McMurty (Lonesome Dove)
5. Diana Palmer (contemporary Western romance author)
6. Joan Johnston (historical and contemporary Western romance author)
7. Linda Lael Miller (historical and contemporary Western romance author)
What is your favorite Texas Ranger movie, TV show or book?
Although Sara Walter Ellwood has long ago left the farm for the glamour of the big town, she draws on her experiences growing up on a small hobby farm in West Central Pennsylvania to write her contemporary westerns. She’s been married to her college sweetheart for over 20 years, and they have two teenagers and one very spoiled rescue cat named Penny. She longs to visit the places she writes about and jokes she’s a cowgirl at heart stuck in Pennsylvania suburbia. Sara Walter Ellwood is a multi-published and international Amazon bestselling author of the anthology set Cowboy Up. She also publishes paranormal romantic suspense under the pen name Cera duBois.