Friday, April 3, 2015

Promo: Scent of Desire with Ayr Bray


BOOK DESCRIPTION: 

After a tempestuous acquaintance fraught with misconceptions, Elizabeth Bennet and Fitzwilliam Darcy are at last of one mind and heart. Their betrothal is not without its own difficulties, however, and a single misunderstanding may place all of their future happiness in jeopardy.

By Amazon Best-Selling author Ayr Bray, Scent of Desire is a Pride and Prejudice expansion chronicling the six-week engagement of one of the world’s most beloved Jane Austen couples.

Here is the book page on my website: http://www.ayrbray.com/portfolio/scent-of-desire/






 

AUTHOR BIO:

"From an early age I have always been fascinated by the written word and the mood and atmosphere it creates for a reader; especially those books that affect me and transport me to some far-off place. These are the elements I strive to create in my books. My books in many ways record what most affects me: my feelings and experiences with family, friends, and those I have run into on my life's journey. My hope is that in my books you will find something that touches you, something which will resonate in your soul and remind you that you are strong and can overcome anything, especially if you have the support of loving friends and family." - Ayr Bray

Ayr Bray is from the Pacific Northwest, but travels as much as possible so she doesn't have to deal with the cold.

Ayr loves to hear from readers. Connect with her at her website http://www.ayrbray.com or on Facebook at http://goo.gl/kAAO3u.


 
10 Things to Know About Author Ayr Bray

1.      I was born and raised in Washington State and lived there all but two years of the first 35 years of my life. I am the oldest of five siblings. I have been married to my own Mr. Darcy for 16 years and I have two handsome sons.

2.      Three years ago, my husband and I, along with our two kids sold everything we owned and bought an RV. Now we travel and tour the USA from the comforts of our own home. We’ve visited 32 states so far and won’t stop until we see them all. Even if that means getting really big tires to float our RV to Hawaii. Sorry, bad family joke. In all seriousness, I will just fly to Hawaii and go on vacation.

3.      I went to college and obtained a degree in accounting because I thought it was a practical way to raise a family with all of the conveniences and comforts that an accounting job would provide; stable income, insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, retirement, etc… It was everything I expected and then some, but little did I know that ten years in I would walk away from it all to be an author and do #3 above.

4.      I started writing short stories when I was nine years old. My first story was about Prince Charles and Princess Diana. I still have the story hand written, in pencil, from the mid 1980’s.

5.      I wrote my first novel at age 28 when I was on bed rest for the worst 7 months of my life during the pregnancy with my second son. I had read just about every book in sight and complained about one part or another to my husband. He told me, “If you think you can do any better then write your own.” I did, and that’s how I became a JAFF writer. My first book was published in 2009. It sold so well it started me on this crazy journey of self-publishing.

6.      When I am not writing, I like to go on hikes, long walks, and bike rides with my husband and children. I love to sail and spend time at the beach and one day after our continental adventures have concluded we plan to purchase a catamaran and sail the world. I also love to rediscover things I’ve forgotten since elementary school when I home-school my two young sons.

7.      I discovered Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice when I was thirteen years old. Since then, I have read the novel at least twenty times. I also own at least one copy (in some cases two or three) of every movie adaptation. I claim that the 1995 BBC miniseries with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle is my favorite movie of all time, but if you pin me down and twist my arm I might confess that I equally like North and South by Jennifer Gaskell starring Richard Armitage.

8.      I have always been known as an overly-talkative outgoing person, but what people don’t know is how wrong the assessment really is. I hate big crowds, I feel self-conscious, and I just cover it all up by over-enthusiastically talking until I’ve convinced my self-conscious side that I really want to be there. But, there is a cost. When I get home I feel like I want to die. I have no energy, every muscle in my body hurts, and don’t go in public again for another month. After that it’s a matter of rinse and repeat. The great thing about traveling is no one knows me and I can hide like a hermit from everyone except my husband and sons most days.

9.      My husband is an amazing artist and graphic designer. He designs all my book covers, marketing and promo materials, and goes into full daddy mode to keep the kids entertained when my muse strikes.

10.  As I’ve mentioned before, I have a family of 4 and we live in 240 square feet. Everything in our home has a place and a purpose and must be in that place in order for me to write without being distracted. Call it OCD if you will, but I can’t write with a messy house. The great thing is my boys are growing up and understand that mom’s writing buys the groceries and if mom’s not writing then soon they are not eating. It works wonders to make them understand they have to keep their things in order. All it takes is a threat of no lunch some day in the near future and the house is clean in ten minutes. The other great thing about 240 sq ft of living space is that it is super easy to clean the place from top to bottom in a very minimal amount of time.

BONUS: I eat a 26.5 oz jar of Nutella, by the spoonful, for every 35,000 words I write. My kids call it “Mommy’s writing food.” That resulted in me consuming approximately 2/3 of a jar while writing Scent of Desire.

My personal belief: Every person needs really, really good books, so writers better get to writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment